Thursday, June 5, 2008

Journey

Two lessons I've learned over the past several months:

1. You can't expect to get out of people what isn't there. I tend to see people with rose-colored glasses and think I can "fix" them or convince them to do the right thing. Sometimes people are just broken or incapable, and we can't "fix" them. It has been a great lesson and reminder that I can't rely on my own power or strength in these circumstances, but have to ALWAYS depend on God's transforming power and renewal. God can fix or change any heart--in His time.

2 Corinthians 4:18 "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

2. I am so grateful for this church. I love my church. I'm thankful for the health. I'm thankful for the opportunities. I'm thankful for the leadership. I'm thankful for the vision. I'm thankful for the hardworking, healthy people I get to plow alongside on a daily basis. I'm just thankful!!!

Matthew 16:18 "And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it."

Thank you, Lord for the hard lessons in life. Thank You for the reminder that You are sovereign, and that You alone heal hearts. Thank You for Your presence in my church. Thank You for Your promise about The Church. Thank You for the promise of hope and a future. Thank You for Your victory over sin and death. Thank You for loving us as only You can do.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am thankful for wonderful leaders like you Emily! It's people like you that make our church a great one!! Thank YOU for all your dedication and hard work.

On Top of Pecos Baldy

On Top of Pecos Baldy
...what a memory!