Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Glorify Your Name

Paul Baloche wrote a song recently entitled "Your Name". This song has been so meaningful to me as I've read through the Psalms in "The Word of God for the People of God" over the past few months, as so many of the images in this song come from the Psalms. Below is the text:

As morning dawns and evening fades
You inspire songs of praise
That rise from earth to touch Your heart
and glorify Your Name

CHORUS
Your Name is a strong and mighty tower
Your Name is a shelter like no other
Your Name, let the nations sing it louder
'Cause nothing has the power to save but Your Name

Jesus, in Your Name we pray
Come and fill our hearts today
Lord, give us strength to live for You
and glorify Your Name

This Advent, I had more time than ever to meditate, praise and be nourished in the Word. It has been an amazing time for me personally. I want to thank each of you for the blessing that you are to me in my life and ministry here. I wouldn't have had that time had it not been for your hard work, preparation, giftedness, willingness, flexibility, love, service and godliness. From hearing the TMS musical, to seeing the brass play at Mission Arlington (with the guy covered in tattoos leading the sing-along), to the fun of Family Night to the blessing of the Youth Choir singing "Glory in the Highest", I felt the presence of God like no other Advent. I know that the Christmas season can be a hectic time, but for this one person on this journey alongside you, it was truly blessed. Thank you!

As we move into this new year, I want to encourage you in the following things:
1. Stay connected. One great way to stay connected is simply to be here every time you are able.
2. Stay rooted in the Word. If you haven't been reading the daily readings our Pastor has laid out for us in The Word of God for the People of God, start with today's reading. It has already been an amazing journey for my family. I know it will bless you as well.
3. Encourage one another. As you have the opportunity, drop someone an email or call them and check in on them. Or, simply take time to thank someone who has blessed you.
4. Pray for one another and for this church. Pray that people will remain faithful during this difficult economic time. Pray for continued health and unity within the church. Pray that we will grow deeper and glorify God through our daily lives.

Jesus, in Your Name we pray
Come and fill our hearts today
Lord, give us strength to live for You
and glorify Your Name

No comments:

On Top of Pecos Baldy

On Top of Pecos Baldy
...what a memory!