Monday, January 7, 2008

Delight

I love this word. There's something about it that immediately brings joy to my heart and a smile to my face.

Today, my friend Carol called me and left a message on my voice mail. It was a message of her praying, and her 3 year old, precious son, Will, belly-laughing while she prayed. Will delighted in that prayer...that special prayer that he prays with his Daddy every night. I delighted in hearing Will belly laugh. It brought an immediate smile to my face. I was teaching violin at the time and shared it with one of my students, and we laughed and smiled at Will's delight.

I immediately thought about how God feels when we spend that pure, wonderful time just praising Him and enjoying His presence. What's even more amazing is that He delights in us.

Psalm 18:18b-19 says, "but the LORD was my support.
19 He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me."


This entire Psalm is filled with David's adoration of the Lord. David truly was an unceasing, uninhibited, unquenchable worshiper who delighted in God, and in whom God delighted.

This blog is short today, because I'm turning on my iPod to "O Praise Him! All this for a King!" and spending some time delighting in the Lord....Thank you, Carol and Will, for reminding me how important it is to sit back and delight in Him.

No comments:

On Top of Pecos Baldy

On Top of Pecos Baldy
...what a memory!